€ 319,00 (vat incl.)
€ 259,35 (vat not incl.)
Part Number: 98-001-002A
Our Ref.: 113670
SmartFind S20, from McMurdo is a personal AIS MOB device, designed to assist in survivor recovery, intended to be carried by all crew members.
The revolutionary new SmartFind S20, from McMurdo is a personal AIS MOB device, designed to assist in survivor recovery. It is lightweight and compact and intended to be carried by all crew members.
The SmartFind S20 has been specifically designed as a personal AIS search and rescue locating device to quickly and efficiently locate and retrieve a missing crew member. It is compatible with many existing AIS enabled chart plotters and onboard navigation systems providing a reliable and cost effective solution for crew safety.
SmartFind S20 transmits target survivor information, including GPS position information and a serialised identity number. An inbuilt high precision GPS receiver provides accurate position information to assist in quick recovery of survivors.
SmartFind S20 will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 7 year battery storage life. It also features a flashing LED indicator light to aid detection at night and a self-test facility with battery use indication.
Carrying a SmartFind S20 is a must for every safety-conscious sailor.
• Provides accurate position information to assist fast recovery of individuals in difficulty at sea
• Transmits GPS target tracking information over AIS
• Compatible with AIS enabled plotters and onboard navigation systems† to assist fast location and retrieval
• Compact and lightweight, can be mounted on a lifejacket
• TX ID and position report transmitted every minute
• Flashing LED and buzzer
• Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
• 7 year battery life
• First MOB transmission typically after 15 seconds*
How SmartFind S20 works
• S20 is activated in an emergency crew recovery situation
• An alert message is transmitted to all AIS receivers and AIS enabled chart plotters within a 4 mile radius (typical)
• An AIS SART alert icon (pictured right) marks the survivors location
• Precise target survivor information including GPS position become viewable when the chart plotter† cursor is positioned over the icon
• Provides exact location, distance and bearing to locate person (s) in need of assistance
STANDARDS APPLIED (App. Parts of)
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now